Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wearing Florals Like It's Not Winter

DecemberBlog128_zps03801c9f
Hey all, Marlen from Messages on a Napkin here! Today I'm styling a Gap vintage blazer borrowed from Marisa from The Shades of Monet Chronicles. A blazer like this begs to be paired with something loud and playful, and being the kind-heart that I am, I obliged it.

I knew I wanted to mix patterns and colors with this statement piece, but ones that were slightly subdued so everything could flow together easily. So what I chose was a bright orange-pink skirt and a simple striped sweater.  I felt like I needed a statement necklace to tie the look together, but since I didn't have one that matched, I took a black ribbon and made a cute little bow. Crafty, ey?

DecemberBlog101_zpseb066457
DecemberBlog125_zpseae64387 DecemberBlog118_zps125303a7

On another day i was feeling more...pizzazy, shall we say?  I grabbed my new thrifted beauty out of my closet (my chain-mail-looking sequined top) and slipped on a pair of high-waisted shorts to tone it down a touch. It was a little crazy but so wonderful in my eyes :)
DecemberBlog144_zps8b27661b

See how the other girls styled the same blazer below! Follow the links to see their posts.
collage3_zps9ee41b8b

26 comments:

  1. the floral blazer is so cute, love how you paired it with the skirt and booties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outfit is drop dead amazing! I love how you all pattern mixed it, great stuff ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the queen of print mixing I must say!! I love this floral blazer, it's wonderful with the striped top and this skirt
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute otufits! ❤

    www.anetesdomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, you styled it two ways! I love how you pulled out the rusty color in the first ensemble with your skirt, and I am drooooling over those oxfords. They are amazing! Plus you know that gold sequined top is like my favorite thing ever. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, I love these looks to pieces! Both are completely unexpected and so different than Katie and my looks both. It's funny how such a loud piece can be so versatile. Funny, I totally forgot you even borrowed this blazer...haha, so it was a nice little surprise popping on over here and seeing your take on styling it. Now - I think I am going to need to style it very similarly :) xoxo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how both are so different yet work so well. How fun to see a floral piece be versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of these! You really have an eye for color and pattern matching! I love that gold vintage top! So pretty.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Marlen! You know how I feel about stripes & florals...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pattern-mixing. You really nailed it with this outfit! It's so awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great! Love how you layered it over long sleeves!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pattern Mixing always makes me nervous and I love how you do it so effortlessly! Cutiepie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and stylish! That blazer is amazing!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the blazer. The prints and colours in this outfit are perfect! x

    Fashion Landscape

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I love both of these looks so much! That blazer is to die for... so is the sequin top!

    ReplyDelete
  16. U're looking just amazing. Great choice of clothes.
    Would u like to follow ?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely post, I like these pictures so much! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice :) i love the sequin top and oxfords <3
    thanks for ur comment

    BREEPLUSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  19. That blazer is just amaazingg! Love it!!
    Do check out my blog and lemme know if u wanna follow each other:)
    www.fashionstirred.com
    Hugs from India
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that blazer!!! So amazing!

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These pictures are beautiful, Love the outfits, and the blazer is super cute! :D
    I'm following you now. :D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Lots of love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. perfect outfit! i prefer the first look more though :) i thing i'll be great it we follow each other. i'll follow you first and let me know when you do too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the outfits, they are so edgy but great!Would you like to follow each other on gfc and facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your vintage top, especially as you referred to it as chain mail, that made me giggle! Such a good find! I love that you styled your outfit two ways! It's always good looking at other ways to wear things!

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...