Friday, February 22, 2013

Fun, Flirty Patterns

 photo 7c276036-9a8b-4b9d-b93b-3d3b497acfc2_zps60d4c8c6.jpg                                   photo mes_zps4e041e23.png  photo jan2013102_zps9e4d45bb.jpg
 photo jan2013107_zpsacfa7fe7.jpg


Hello ladies! Marlen from Messages on a Napkin here, bringing you another pattern infused look. I can't quite explain the layering process of this outfit- it all kind of happened on a mad whim. When I got this fun little skirt from Marisa over at The Shades of Monet Chronicles, I knew there was no way I could pair it with something toned-down.  A skirt like this begs to be played with!

So I grabbed the skirt and walked over to my closet, bringing it up to all the patterned shirts patiently hanging on hangers, and chose one that was equally as loud but with a calm color scheme (so I don't look like I got completely dressed in the dark). Then I put a light pink collared shirt under it to continue the mellow color scheme...and ruined it all by adding a bright pop from mustard tights. Haha like I said, it begs to be played with!


 33972be1-9168-4d81-8046-b04b54092905_zpsfb4d9eca.jpg photo jan2013104_zps8d4e19e0.jpg

            photo style_zps8c8e012a.png

See Marisa's full post on her look here! And come say hello at my blog, Messages on a Napkin!

12 comments:

  1. Giiirl I am loving the print mixing going on here!! This skirt is so adorable, love the outlined pockets and the print
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love how both of you gals paired this adorable bold printed skirt with a different print up top! It somehow works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pattern mixing Marlen! You are seriously so good at that. I love that you kept the other colors muted so the skirt would stand out, it looks awesome. That pink collared shirt is perfect as a little detail.
    Love how Marisa wore it too, so bright and summery!
    -Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun mixed prints! I really like your colored tights with booties too!

    ~Jacy

    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this colors! Cool ;)
    Donkeycool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looks!

    http://www.thegaragestarlets.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg so colorful and very pleasing to the eyes! love it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. woww, incredible the combination you made!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both looks are amazing, but I'm in love with that polka dot top!!!

    xo, Megan
    indie flower

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah yay! You did such a fantastic job at styling this Marlen. I would never have thought to mix a tribal inspired pattered with it - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...