Sunday, February 17, 2013

Scarf Style Challenge

Hey everyone! We're back with another style challenge, this time on how to wear everyone's favorite winter accessory-scarves! Read on to see how the girls styled their favorites. 


 I have quite the obsession with scarves. I have everything from knit to silk, billowy to dainty. This style challenge was the perfect one for me :). Scarves are one item that can transition from style to style. I love to wear them with oversized blazers and boots for a comfy day to day style. For church I throw a summer scarf over a dress and belt it to look like a shawl or cardigan. For vintage silk scarves a simple tie around the neck and some cat eye specs complete the look. You could even tie one onto your bag or wrist as well! One can incorporate a scarf into any ensemble.


Marisa of The Shades of Monet Chronicles
I do believe that a gal can never have enough scarves...trust me, I have two large drawers in my armoire dedicated to them, so this style challenge was right up my alley.  However, this gal typically doesn't wear them around her neck but rather on her head.   If you know me by now, then you know that I am the biggest sucker for a good hair accessory and that's simply what a scarf is to me.  Summer to winter I love experimenting with different ways to tie them on and around my head and I usually find that the best ones I have acquired over the years are vintage ones from the thrift store or antique mall.  From the turban, to the floppy bow, to full out Rosie the Riveter style - the possibilities are pretty endless when adding that perfect little cherry to top off my outfit.

novemberblog180
Marlen from Messages on Napkin
I always forget about scarves because my shining details are usually Peter Pan collars or statement necklaces. But every once in a while, an outfit is missing a certain something and that void can only be filled with a quirky little scarf. I like to make my scarves the center of the outfit and build the look from it. In this case I chose a mustard scarf and layered on fall colors and patterns to really make it pop!


Dus of Cuddly Cacti
 A good thing about these challenges is that they always get me thinking about things I have in my weardrobe and love in theory but often forget about (namely head and neck scarves in this case). It's no secret though that I have a slight obsession with using my Mexican textiles as scarves, and I love letting them be the center of my outfits.

How do you wear scarves? Let us know or leave us a link so we can get some inspiration!

12 comments:

  1. These are so many great outfits put together in one post, wow! scarf inspiration overkill! My favourite is the Messages on Napkin one with the beautiful fall colour palette!

    I love to wear chunky knit scarves. They add a touch of rustic winter romantic to my looks :) I got me an extra long and chunky scarf and made it a loop by sewing together the ends and now I have the biggest loop scarf ever.
    You can see it here:

    http://badtastetoasttoast.blogspot.de/2013/01/maybe-we-dont-ever-come-down.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you girls wear scarves! Of course I'm always inspired by Marisa's head wraps and I love how Dus really makes a statement with her purple scarf. You all look lovely ♥

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, making a scarf look like a cardigan is such a good idea! And nice for when it's kind of cool and breezy, but not terribly so. <3 Marlen's baroque looking blazer looks so lovely with the green and her scarf. And Katie, I adore that blue and white scarf because it looks like that blue and white porcelain pattern! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful job ladies! lovely styles and photos, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you girlies are so cute!! I LOVE how Katie uses the scarf as a cardi & how classy she looks w/ it as a neck tie & Marisa is def my inspiration for wearing them as turbans- so sweet!! Now Marlen... she is just too hip!! Such put together color combo!
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to learn how to tie a head turban scarf thingy...it's so cute and perfectly fits my retro style. And Katie--I'm constantly belting scarves over dresses, makes my "cardigan" wardrobe twice as big :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You ladies are all looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone looks so amazing. I love the scarves. Stylish ladies.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog!! Great post as well. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job guys, these all look great! I can never really get scarves to work for me, but this makes me want to try harder!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I wore my scarves quite creatively but these looks have totally blown mine out of the water! I love the idea of draping it like a shawl and then belting it... think I might be trying that today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how differently you all wore these! I've been wanting to wear scarves as headbands so thanks for yhe inspo marisa! And marlen I love your outfit!
    -Jessi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...