Wednesday, March 13, 2013

All the Floral Possibilities!

 jan2013392_zps426fd51a.jpg jan2013406_zpsf4777e2e.jpg jan2013380_zpsef507110.jpg

Hi all, Marlen from Messages on a Napkin here! When I got this pretty floral dress from Katie over at Butterfly Loves Snapdragons, I didn't know where to begin.  It was so pretty as a dress, and ever so cute as a skirt. It worked amazing as a shirt, and every blazer matched it. THE POSSIBILITIES, PEOPLE.

After calming down a tad, I decided to try my first go-around as a shirt. I loved the poofed shoulder-padded sleeves and wanted to show them off a bit.  Since the dress had a stretchy waistband I chose my high waisted jeans to hide it, and tossed over a thick cardi as my layer. Add some keds to keep it casual (I like wearing super fancy jewelry with overly casual bottoms to make a fun contrast) and you have a cute week day look!

 jan2013403_zps3093a969.jpg
        photo style_zps8c8e012a.png
 katiecopy_zps8178c9af.jpg
See Katie wear her piece as a dress here and...

 katie2_zps8145f705.jpg
....Katie wears it as a shirt here!

And if you like my looks, come say hi over at Messages on Napkin!

17 comments:

  1. Lovely floral print)) Great pictures!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You creativity when it comes to clothes never ceases to amaze me Marlen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I like how you create a contrast between the vintage dress and the denim shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty as both a dress and a top! I love it with those shorts & the minty shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this dress does have lots of potential! I love all 3 ways you girls have styled it! It does have really pretty sleeves and I love the shorts Marlen! Wearing a fancy necklace with very casual shoes and short is a great idea, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floral print on your vintage dress is lovely both worn as a dress and as a blouse! I love the subtle puff at the shoulders and slight blouson look you created. Your pretty necklace and jumper top off the look nicely making for a beautiful outfit.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful dress! i just love how Marlen styled it with such cute shorts :)

    ~Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    $1000 Visa Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look very cute! Great look. :)

    www.anetesdomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally amazing with the SHORTS! great idea. I love how you always zaz stuff up with funky jewels :) xoRach

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pics!! Love it.Would you like follow each other? Let me know. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it as a shirt! So cute with those shorts!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the cute ways it can be styled. Looks so modern with the shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress is perfect as a top with those shorts! Very cute!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...