Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bright Like Sunshine

Hello again!  It's Ashley of Southern (California) Belle showing you another dress I completely fell in love with.  Erica of Sweets and Hearts has a great wardrobe, I'm sure you already know.  So when she opened up her closet to me this Sugarlips dress was on the top of my list.  The funny thing was, I had a really hard time styling it differently than Erica did!  Thankfully it was bitter cold when these pictures were taken because layering was the key to making it look different.
yellowdress1

yellowdress2

yellowdress3

yellowdress

Dress- Erica's (Sugarlips)
Coat- Forever 21
Scarf- Modcloth
Tights- Forever 21
Shoes- Target
Hairbow- Modcloth
 
Erica's style is much like mine, so there's no surprise that we both chose textured tights and bows to add to this look.  Here is how she styled it:
 
ericadress

For more details on Erica's look, please click here.  Marlen of Messages on a Napkin also owns this dress (seriously) and this is how she's styled it on her blog here and here:
  
marlendress

This dress will probably go around to most of the girls, so keep an eye out for more versions of this dress!
 
xoxo
 
Ashley
 
P.S. Don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter too!

16 comments:

  1. cute outfits, that dress is really adorable and apparently very versatile!
    Cute blog too!

    Feel free to check-out my blog and if you like, follow me, I'll return the favor :)
    http://roxxanaifrim.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a lovely dress, such a great colour!! I love the coat you paird it with too, navy and yellow always look so wonderful together :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic dress!
    I love the mustardy color and the fact that it's long sleeve!
    I love how you paired it with navy.

    And that pop of color in your flats <3
    LOVE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bow and scarf to add something a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is so cute Ashley! I definitely want a chance at styling Erica's gorgeous dress after I have the baby :-) You did quite a stellar job here - that little bow and those polka dot tights have my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so nice in this dress!!!Hi i am a new follower of u on gfc! wanna follow me back? thanks giulia
    thefashionmamas.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress really layers well and is surprisingly really versatile. I would usually steer away from a mustard shade but I love the contrast with the navy blue.
    Kate xx
    http://appreciatetheday45.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know Marlen owned this dress too! How fun. I love her second look! And I love all the details you added Ashley! That cute bow in your hair and the scarf tied around your neck are darling.
    -Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this bright fun color palette! So gorgeous. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com
    p.s. Check out our big giveaway. Here is the link: http://www.lynnandlou.com/2013/03/new-spring-outfit-tripp-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing in this dress! I'll definitely be asking for it next - it looks great with the coat layered over it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this seems to be another that looks awesome on everyone! I love your little scarf & bow w/ it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hair bow and the scarf! I too loved this dress but was a bit baffled trying to not style it like you two had (so i ended up going a bit crazy with floral and color, as usual!)
    Can't wait to see the other gals versions too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving your hair!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com

    WIN DANIEL WELLINGTON WATCH!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful dress! love it!Would you like follow each other? Let me know. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love how you played up the navy! This dress looks so cute on everyone.

    erica | sweets + hearts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...