Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Godsends in Forms of Snowflakes

 jan2013272_zps88dcf0e0.jpg                        .         photo mes_zps4e041e23.png  jan2013252_zpsedf0cd98.jpg jan2013269_zpsde8ef3cd.jpg

Hi lovelies, Marlen from Messages on a Napkin here!  Today I'm styling a cozy sweater I borrowed from Rachel from Floral Prints and Common Sense.  

This sweater is one of those finds that go with absolutely anything- it can do no wrong. I literally wanted to wear it with all my skirts, with every one of my shorts, and on top of all my dresses. I might have changed outfits in the middle of the day just to see with what else this bad boy can go with. In this particular outfit I decided to go for a cozy look; pairing it with corduroy shorts, a rust cable knit sweater, and mustard tights.  

Another win: I was lounging on the couch wearing this when my momma passed by and said "See, why can't you wear clothes like that more often", and then gave a smug little nod of the head in approval. She's a proclaimed hater of anything vintage and thrifted, so that little exchange was a miracle. I bow down to this snowflake sweater.

        photo style_zps8c8e012a.png
 jessicopy_zps73a63e3c.jpg
See Jessi's take on the sweater here, at Haircut & General Attitude

3_zpse1568b21 3_zpse1568b21.jpg
Me at Messages on a Napkin- see the post here!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely sweater!!Great pictures!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest! Seriously. I love the shorts outfit on you - how AMAZING are those shorts! And I rememebr the second outfit from your blog - I love that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coat. :)

    www.anetesdomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah, sorry, I meant not coat but skirt. :D :D lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this with the shorts! Totally want to try and thrift a pair of all-season cords now! The snowflake sweater looks adorable on both you ladies! LOVE jessi's perfect blue skies mountain backdrop. Hooray for this passing the mom test :)
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha that is so funny that your mom approved. I think you've said something about her hate for vintage before but seriously... HOW?!
    Anyway, I loved this sweater too! I love that we wore it with similar colors :) I loved your look with the skirt when I saw it on your blog and this shorts and cardi remix is really cute and comfy looking too!
    -Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a great eye for mixing together unexpected textures and patterns. I love this Marlen! And that sounds exactly like something my mom would say to me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your skirt. It's both vintage and modern, something I'd see on Paris street style! Anyway, great blog, would you like to follow each other?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I'm glad you liked it! You wore it wonderfully!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. a hater of vintage and thrifted things?! what a pity. but funny she liked the sweater so much, esp because of it's vintage feel. Love the pairing w/ both the skirt and the shorts, that skirt is so fun & Jessi looks so classy in this too.
    http://dusanabotswana.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally in love with this outfit. The colors go so well together. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'm sharing my surprise gift from Lauren Conrad on my blog today as well as a giveaway. I'd love if you'd swing by. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the way you styled it! so cute!
    xx
    b

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...