Friday, May 17, 2013

Changes

 photo jan2013331_zps894bb5bc.jpg
Hey guys! Marlen from Messages on a Napkin here, once again styling Marisa's fun little skirt.

So I took these pictures a few months back before I went to India, and it's so weird because I feel my style changing and it's completely out of my hands. What I mean by that is that I like the way I dressed here, yet I feel like I wouldn't pair it this way again. I still love quirky and vintage looks, but I feel like it's shaping into something a little more simple and a little less loud...or is it? Seriously, I have no idea where it's going, haha!

I feel like I'm having an existential crisis.

Any one else going through these ch-ch-changes?
 photo jan2013343_zps14e42e84.jpg
 photo jan2013349_zps3cbd329b.jpg

           photo style_zps8c8e012a.png
See Marisa's full post on her look here!

 photo jan2013102_zps9e4d45bb.jpg
And see my full post here! Or come say hello at my little blog, Messages on a Napkin!

PS- for those of you that are interested, I'm hosting a $35 Lost in Drawers Giveaway right now- summer dresses are waiting for you ;)

13 comments:

  1. Is the ch-ch-changes a reference to a Yes song? Because if it is, I love you. And if it's not, I still love you anyway. :D

    I can only imagine that after such a dramatic, eye-opening trip that your style might change somehow. I'm sure you were influenced a ton when you were over there, and even with these bright colors, you're definitely reminiscent of India. Your yellow tights make me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely get that it's tough when your style starts to change, I find mine changes a lot between seasons. Or even after I cut my hair, but some things still stay
    I love this combination, such brilliant print mixing and this skirt is so so sweet with the pockets. You and Marisa styled it so perfectly!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the way you styled this, but I'm sure I'll love wherever your evolving style takes you, too!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I love the way you did it. I feel like my style changes day to day. I never know what to expect now!

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like my style too is morphing (or I would like it too morph) towards something a bit simpler and more classic as well. Still this is a fun skirt and it is nice to be able to look back and like what you wore before even if your style is evolving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your clashy way of mixing patterns. I hope that doesn't come off as rude to say clashy, but seriously: you mix patterns I would never think to mix, and they work even though they clash. It's amazing.
    I am going through that same thing! I can't decide which way my style is going, and it's annoying. I think I'm leaning more towards 50's, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bold prints! Great colors.

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you =)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Petit-Plastique/473640259360447

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how Marlen styled it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going through that same thing, really into simple looks lately. but I do LOVE your layers here Marlen, so cute and fun!
    My blog: Cuddly Cacti
    My E-Shop: Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marlen I really really love this outfit! The color and pattern combos are awesome! I can't wait to see the direction your style heads cuz I've always loved it!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely what you mean with feeling the itch to change...I have felt in the same rut lately. Really love this combination to pieces...I never would have thought to wear the skirt with these colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...