Monday, May 6, 2013

Pastel Papillon

Oh hi there!
It's Marisa here today.  As this pregnancy rolls along (I can hardly believe I have less than 2 months to go), dressing le baby bump can be more and more of a challenge with each coming day.  I pretty much so refuse to break the bank with pregnancy clothes - which in my opinion can be pretty frumpy or generic, so finding workable pieces whether via my closet or via swap is the only way to go.

Marlen's sweet little butterfly print dress was just that kind of piece.  Dresses with elastic waistbands are the bees knees (er is that butterfly's knees?) these days and I really loved the feel of how dainty, and breezy, and feminine this particular one was.  I kind of took it the extra mile with the whole dainty/feminine thing and styled it head to toe in pastel.  Right now I'm pretty smitten with these little vintage material bows over at Shop of Worldly Delights, so of course that was my go-to accessory to top this ensemble off. 

Now a family walk in the park and a trip to get ice and custard was the  perfect outing to showcase this pretty lil frock.  Too bad the wind almost blew me away, or at least gave some passersby a free show...eeks! Oh well, guess you could say I kind of felt like a butterfly...a pastel one if that, spreading it's wings and flying into the sunset.

Outfit Details:
Dress: Swapped via Marlen // Bow: c/o Shop of Worldly Delights on Etsy// Cardi: Topshop (2010) // Tights: We Love Colors // Shoe: UO
I love how Marlen wore this dress as a skirt along with so many lovely layers.
That's all for now darlings!  If you fancy Modcloth and would love a gift card in your possession - don't forget to enter our giveaway right HERE.

See ya soon!
xo Marisa 

22 comments:

  1. Oh Marisa you look so lovely (well, you both do!). I like that Marlen's remix shown here mixes the rough with the softs, the masculine with the feminine playing off each other and that your remix is ultra feminine. It is so pretty and delicate an outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful look Marissa!!! I absolutely love the dress on you, so sweet with the pastel cardigan and that sweet bow headband.
    I love the way Marlene styled it with all the layers too!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marisa, I think I'm falling in love with you... ;)

    The way you pair pieces together is super darling and gives off a feeling that I wish I could give off when I pair such pieces together. You are super darling!!!

    And I agree! I figured whenever I have a bump and I grow out of my clothes, I'll resort to the hubby's closet ;) Or go maternity thrift shopping :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your style is adorable! The pastels are gorgeous and I love your hairband!
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous look on you! You look like cotton candy fairy! So so pretty.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marissa I absolutely love that bow on you. You always look so great! and that cardigan is to die for

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both looks, such a pretty dress!

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is gorgeous. I love how you are wearing head to toe pastel and that hair bow is amazing! I think I may have to invest in a few more pairs of pastel tights before its full on summertime here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how did I miss this one? I love butterflies! This dress is darling! Plus your cute cardi and bow are the perfect touches, I'm loving the monochromatic look and I definitely want to go check out the bow shop now! Plus your hair looks gorgeous. I love how Marlen wore it as a skirt, it looks super pretty with a sweater and jean jacket too!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  10. your baby bump looks adorable with your flowy dresses!! love this outfit! (as i do most of your outfits!!)
    would you share the colour of your tights? i find it hard to tell the colours on their site, and that looks like such a lovely shade of blue :)

    jana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jana! The color of those tights is aqua :-)

      Delete
  11. Nice blog! <3
    Would you like to follow each other on Gfc? :)

    http://mayitapink.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeeeeessssss! One of my absolute favorite outfits of yours! You look perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cardigan is so precious, love it =)

    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Bloglovin
    You're invited to enter my statement turquoise necklace Giveaway , open worldwide until May 7th !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, such a sweet outfit! The bow is also cute from Laura's shop, but I LOVE those tights so much! Great colour! xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress looks lovely and feminine. You styled it very nicely with the We Love Colors tights and Topshop cardigan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, love the dress! It reminds me of nice china in the best possible way.

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hattitude Style Blog

    awww wow your little boy is growing up so fast marisa!

    love love love this pastel outfit. you look gorgeous! am so enjoying watching flock together grow over the last few months!

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marisa, you are the most fabulous pregnant lady around!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow such pretty photos and i love all the blue tones in this outfit, and the cute little bow to top it all off!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marisa, I still totally can't believe you only have 2 months to go! You look stunning in that dress and those tights are so cute! you don't see that color very often :) Thanks again for reviewing my bows! :)
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your outfit is so cute!! I love the blue blue blue and the touch of pink!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...