Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Grassy Green

Hello birds of a feather!
Hannah from The Braided Bandit here to show you how I remixed this lovely Anthropologie skirt I borrowed from Marlen!  I love that the pretty green geometric print adds such a fun twist to the classic pencil skirt style, and let's just say I was pretty sad to send this lovely piece back to its owner!
 Outfit Details: Skirt- borrowed from Marlen // Sandals - Vintage // 
Necklace - handmade in Hawaii // Top - Marshalls
     I decided to pair the high waisted skirt with a crochet crop top with a similar geometric feel to it and added some vintage sandals and a necklace I got from a local artist in Hawaii.  It is actually made out of the shell of a coconut!
     Marlen and Katie also did an amazing job styling this skirt! I love that they both chose to pair it with bold colored tops, it seriously goes to show how much remix potential such a bold patterned item can actually have! You can see Marlen's two versions here and here, and Katie's here!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!  To stay in touch you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and even Instagram now for more fun swaps, style challenges, and giveaways!
xo Hannah

11 comments:

  1. I love the way you paired it the most! So pretty. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that skirt on you lovely gals for a while now and fall in love with it more and more!

    Have a great week,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. God how much do I change my hair? Haha! And I LOVE how you styled it- pairing it with a crop top was genius. I don't know why I haven't thought of it. Thanks for the inspiration ;)

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This skirt is ammmmazing, i love the colours and how you styled it with the lace cropped top. I really want a cropped lace top now.
    You all styled it gorgeously, love it with all the different colours!!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! I love this remix of it. The crochet really makes it summery, and I love the green necklace tying everything in so well. Great job Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. completely obsessed with this skirt of Marlen's!! !everytime I see her (or anyone for that matter) in it I get all jealous! great look I love how you played up the green with the necklace!
    xoRach

    ReplyDelete
  7. You styled this pretty perfectly. I love the lace.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice skirt!

    HTTP://THEREDCOATODYSSEY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog..

    Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and GFC...
    beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This skirt is so fun! I love the crochet shirt with it and your necklace is super cute!!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that skirt, it is so fun but so classy w/ the similar colors together. LOVE your pairing w/ the lace blouse & the necklace couldn't match more perfectly. also love how you dressed it down w/ the sandals.
    My blog: Cuddly Cacti
    My E-Shop: Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...