Monday, July 29, 2013

Accessorize with Black

Well hello there! It's your friendly neighborhood Katie here! It has been quite awhile since I received a swap item, and it was so exciting to find this little number in the mail from our resident layering genius, Marlen! I wasn't expecting the dress to be so incredibly soft. I wanted to float away on a cloud I'm telling you it was that soft! The pattern of this fabric is so beautiful I didn't have the heart to cover it up. So I simply went with my instincts and paired this polka dotted red blouse underneath. I've been wearing this blouse with everything this summer because it's one of the few short sleeved vintage tops I have. I love the billowy-ness of the sleeves though, it adds such a feminine touch.



I decided to accessorize with black (yet again). It's becoming a trend for me to accessorize an outfit with all black touches. I just love how it pulls a look together and adds an element of edge to an otherwise sugary-sweet outfit. Plus the pattern of the dress had black in it, so it was a no-brainer really. What's something you always turn to while accessorizing? A favorite bag perhaps, or a hat for those days you just really don't want to shower (is that just me...) ?


Here is how Marlen flawlessly styled this little number. I love that she always transforms a garment into something new! I would have thought this was just a cute tank top, and lo and behold it's a dress! LOVE. Original post here. :)


Have a good one Lovelies!
God Bless, 
KJA


Wearing:
Blouse,Earrings, Belt- Vintage
Bag- Vintage Coach
Boots- Thrifted
Dress- Swapped with Marlen

13 comments:

  1. lol friendly neighborhood Katie!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so gorgeous!!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the pink and purple hues with the red blouse you layered underneath Katie, so pretty! Marlen's version is one of my favorite of hers, they layering is genius!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red and pink!! Such an unexpected colour combination but works oh so well in this look! You girls are both rocking the layering, love it
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute look and wonderful dress :)I really love how you incorporated the red shirt underneath and and those fun shoes! everything looks so great xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marlen totally is a layering genius, isn't she? I think she totally rubbed off on you with this outfit, though. That red blouse is SO dreamy, Katie! And what a fierce color. Lookin' good with the florals, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie, i LOVE how you styled this!! i really like the black accessories because I recently started adding those too, whereas before i never touched them. great minds think alike ;) and haha i'm totally guilty of the hat thing too- you're not alone!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  8. The black does make it edgier indeed! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the layering of the top and dress!! :D great combo!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie, you look awesome! Those shoes are just the perfect touch with that darling dress! :)

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. cutie-vintage style :)

    Check out my blog
    http://the-newone.blogspot.ru/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty Katie! A perfect romantic date-night look :) That dress is amazing on you and I love the red underneath, it just gives it more flair!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...