Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Feelin Playful, Feelin Fine

 photo MayBlog129_zps8c4bd3d2.jpg
 photo MayBlog133_zps7a81d852.jpg
Marlen from Messages on a Napkin here, bringing you your daily dose of insane patterns, haha. One of my rules is to never pair two large patterns together (to avoid looking like The People of Walmart), but there's just something about this skirt from Ashley of Southern (California) Belle that was all like "Plaaay with me". So you know, I cracked.

I know it's really busy, but by adding some glitzy earrings to the mix it just ended up looking really fun. I'm all for the simple summer dresses and sandals look, but sometimes you just have to roll up your sleeves and get really creative with your clothes. In this outfit in particular I took the bright 70's romper from my shop and turned it into a collared top, and I really like how the florals are kind of blobby and look like circles, and so the pattern goes really well with the skirt! 

How about you, lovely readers? Did you ever just let loose and start creating rather than just dressing in your closet? We'd love to see links to those posts!
 photo MayBlog119_zpse6198be7.jpg
 photo MayBlog143_zpsaf1903a8.jpg
 photo Untitled_zps0cd89fe2.jpg

This skirt is one of those items that got passed around a bit, so it's so fun to see all the different ways it can be changed according to someone's style! We've got sweet bowed belts, huge pinned flowers, bright cardis, and retro feels. Just shows you how far an item can go ;)

 photo cced2f1c-dcd7-49e1-8b66-342ce7920ac6_zps26b899ca.jpg
 photo b_zps147ff45c.jpg

 photo 13ed3f14-9022-4d17-9ace-fb163063797f_zps2ef66158.jpg


Haircut and General Attitude


In my outfit:
Skirt- borrowed from Ashley
Top- vintage romper from my shop, HERE
Earrings- H&M, recent!
Sandals- UO

5 comments:

  1. love the first look ,nice post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlen what is it about you and making crazy daring combinations look so dang good?! I love it! Never in a million years would I think to pair these two but I like it! I love that everyone added a pop of color to this skirt.
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I is SO fun to see how everyone styled it so differently to match their personalities!! and I second Jessi, never would've thought to match these but it is so fun together, so bright and cheery for summer - love it! and i didnt even recognize the romper, which means you made a great remix!
    My blog: Cuddly Cacti
    My E-Shop: Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This skirt is faaaantastic, love the way you print mixed it with the floral top m'dear. You mix master!!
    Everyone looks so amazing and unique in this piece!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the skirt. I would wear it with a chambray shirt and white clutch.

    how about follwoing each other on fb??
    www.facebook.com/gulaabigirl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...