Monday, September 16, 2013

Dots on Dots

12

Hello there, Marlen from Messages on a Napkin here, doing what I always do and clashing some prints together ;)

Usually when I use prints on both my skirt and blouse, I try to make sure that the bottom print is bigger and the top one is smaller. That way there is a balance and it all looks proportional and pleasing to the eye. This look in particular is one of my absolute favorites because of all the different things going on: a neon belt, a chambray collar, a quirky clutch, and earrings that remind me vaguely of Lisa Frank (haha!) On paper it sounds busy, but in person it all just...works! 

3



6 comments:

  1. I love seeing a piece like this that has had so many girls remix it. So fun to see how each girl's style shines through and your personality is so apparent in this outfit Marlen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This skirt has been styled in so many adorable ways! I love the tiny dots on top and bit dots on the bottom it really does look balanced that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dots on dots look especially when they are two different sizes! Adorable outfit.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obsessing over this skirt hard-core. I want it!!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Especially how you added the clutch and those super fancy pretty earrings for a fun pop of color!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...