Monday, February 25, 2013

A Detailed Basic

Hello Friends! It's Katie from Butterfly Loves Snapdragons. I am so excited to be posting today because it's my birthday! I'm turning the big 24 :) What a nice time to receive pretty dresses in the mail to style up just for YOU! Really being part of this group feels like every day is my birthday, haha.


I fell in love with this frock when I first saw the ever lovely Elana wear it on her blog. It had the most enchanting details and was one of my very favorite colors.
I styled it with simple pieces, but even pairing simple items together can become engaging. Adding a few colors and textures creates depth and interest, which is something I strive for when getting dressed in the morning.
 

I love that this dress has so many layers. It moves and flows so wonderfully and the beading is simply FUN! It's nice to have items in your wardrobe that could work for special occasions, but also for everyday. I ran a few errands in this ensemble and felt fun and casual. I could also see this dress with a great pair of heels and a cute jacket though for a night out! Oh, the possibilities :)


Here's how Elana styled her dress! She and I look so different in the dress it's hard to tell that it's the same garment. I love how she let the color of the dress shine with her pairing of black pieces. Striking and beautiful!

 See the full post here!


This dress is wanted by many more of the girls, so you'll probably be seeing a lot of it in the coming weeks.  Do you have a garment that is full of fun details, but can also be a basic? Please, do share!

Have a lovely Monday dear readers :)
God Bless!
KJA

Psalm 86:5
You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.


Wearing:
Blouse, Shoes, Scarf- Vintage
Bag- Vintage Coach
Trench- Thrifted
Earrings- A Gift
Ring- Charlotte Russe
Tights- Walmart

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Katie! I love how different this dress seems with just a lace shirt under it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! :)

    www.anetesdomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hip hip hooray, its your birthday! Wishing you the best of birthdays, I hope its wonderful! I absolutely love this outfit and can't wait to get this dress (I think I am on the list, now I have to double check!)It's one of my favorite colors too, and I love how you layered it and paired it with a gorgeous head scarf! Hope your day is filled with lots of cake :)
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Katie! You look gorgeous! The way you wear that headscarf is so freaking cute I want to try it NOW. I also can't wait to try this dress :) You wore it so beautifully, I love that blouse underneath. Hope you have an amazing birthday! I didn't know we were so close in age, I turn 23 in a couple months.
    -Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously Katie...wowsers! I don't think I could even style it any better - perfection all around. Happiest birthday to you. Hope your day is filled with lots of love and plenty of cake :-) xo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you've styled the dress.
    The trench looks great. the bow know atop looks awesome!
    Do check out my blog too dear... :)
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, happy birthday, Katie! You look just wonderful in the dress! I love how you layered it and the headscarf looks amazing on you. I'm so excited to see how everyone wears this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy happy birthday sweet lady! 24 is a great year and I wish you nothing but the best! I love how you styled this dress, the addition of jewel toned accessories is perfect :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely outfit for such special day. Original, sweet and funny.Happy Birtday, honey

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! A bit late here, sorry, but still! Happy birthday! I love this dress on you - it's amazing on both of you girls. And your hair scarf is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, you look all sorts of classy.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...