Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lakeside dreams of days past

Hi everyone, Dus of Cuddly Cacti here! I absolutely swooned over this dress when I saw it in this post of Hannah’s, so naturally I was thrilled when she offered it up for swaps. What’s even cooler is that she purchased it from Marisa’s Etsy shop, Ally Hoot Vintage. Even though it’s a pretty peach color, something about the fit and collar gives it a bit of a nautical, summer feel to me. My hubs and I took a quick camping trip up in Northern Arizona, so I couldn't help bringing it along to photograph by the lake. And no, my actual hiking attire resembled nothing like this; it was quite dorky actually.

DSCN0136_2

DSCN0162_2

DSCN0155_4

DSCN0157_2

DSCN0192_2

DSCN0167_2

DSCN0159_2
DSCN0178

All but the last picture I edited using Triple Thread's free Photoshop curve presets. I knew I wanted a retro, summertime feel to these pictures, but something just wasn't quite right with them (probably the strong sun). I just found Ashlyn's blog and her Photoshop post the day I was getting this post ready, so I decided to give them a twirl. And since the last picture was one of the few I was happy with, I decided to leave it as-is so you could see the real colors. I’ll be sharing more of the "real" scenery on my blog this and next week if you'd like to follow along!

Outfit details
Dress: Swap from Hannah
Huaraches: Adrian’s Shop my Closet
Woven bracelet: In my shop here
Hat/Shades: Thrifted; Ross

And here’s how the lovely Hannah wore her vintage dress (in this post):


Thanks again Hannah. I hope everyone is having a great last bit of summer wherever you are! And don't forget you can keep up to date with us via Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram. We're getting the hang of this social media as a group thing, so we'd love to connect with you there!

thx

7 comments:

  1. You both wore it nicely. Love these shots!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour of this dress, it looks perfect with your hat Dus!!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Marisa's comment on instagram, this DEFINITELY has a retro summery moonrise kingdom feel and love it! The hat was the perfect accessory and I just love the pretty lakeside scenery! We camped this past weekend too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute dress swap! That setting is AMAZING!


    cowbiscuits

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute dress, I love the collar!
    And the retro setting is fantastic for your photos, very "Moonrise Kingdom!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and summery! I enjoy the scenery in these pictures and I definitely like the retro feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are incredible Dus! So beautiful with the lake as a backdrop. I really love this dress and I'm so excited I just got it in the mail! Love that you paired it with a sunhat and Hannah looks so cute with the retro sunnies.
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...