Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Fried Green Tomatoes


Hi Ya'll! I'm so in love with this Bernie Dexter dress that I borrowed from Jana of small town, BIG SMILE. I adore vintage inspired cuts and patterns so I was super excited when I opened up my package and discovered it had little tiny rockets all over it! I totally didn't realize it when I asked to borrow it but it made it even better because it was a pleasant little surprise.


I decided to wear my hair up for this look as I wanted to show off the collar and it's always nice to switch things up every now and then anyhow. I found this old sock bun gadget that I bought back in the daywhile cleaning up the bathroom and thought I'd give it a try. I haven't used it in ages because I chopped off all my hair a few years ago and haven't had the length to be able to use it. I must say... I was a little rusty at it and had to use a million bobby pins.... but it'll just take some practice and getting used to. I'm trying to find different ways to style my hair for the summer and this little sock bun is pretty cool if you ask me.


I wanted to have a little theme for this photo shoot and being that we have such a lovely little backyard garden with tons of tomatoes right now I decided to take advantage of it. The Mister and I love tomatoes and pretty much eat them with or on almost everything. There is something so nostalgic and wistful about growing your own vegetables and picking them fresh from the vine. It takes me back to my youth when my Father used to have a garden and we (my sister and I) would play in and around the garden while my Dad watered and weeded it. It really warms my heart to think back on those days.... and now the Mister and I have our very own. 


I love "tending to the garden".... it's therapeutic for me. With the hot sun beating down on me while I pick our daily crop. It gives me such a sense of pride knowing that I'm doing something good. We had so many tomatoes in fact that they were weighing heavy on the vines so I decided to lighten the load and pick some green tomatoes as well. I love fried green tomatoes! It's kind of a tradition now for the Mister and I. Every single rental that we've lived in (before we bought our first home) we somehow managed to make ourselves a little garden and grow various vegetables and you guessed it.... tomatoes. It's delightful to eat for the season... like a special treat that you only get certain times of the year. If you've never tried fried green tomatoes you are missing out.


Don't they just look delicious! 
Here's a really simple and great recipe I found to make them here.


 I'm actually using my new tripod and remote that I recently purchased. I love it when the Mister takes my photos for me but feel so bad asking him all the time. I figured I needed a tripod anyhow for my friends wedding I'm shooting back in Ohio soon so I went ahead and bought a really nice one. Now I can give the Husbear a break. Lol! 


By this time I'll already be in Ohio preparing for the BIG day! I'm nervous but also excited to be shooting my dear friend Anna's wedding. I'm really looking forward to spending Father's Day with my Dad and family... it's extra special because I live so far away from them and the past few years have been really rough on all of us because my Dad has been very ill. So it'll be nice to spend quality time with them and my sweet sister Taryn and her amazing new Husbear Brian. 


These little guys decided to make an appearance during the photo shoot. They are so goofy and silly.... always hopping around and chasing eachother. They are the most friendly chickens that I've ever met. They will run right up to you and hop on your lap. They make me laugh on a daily basis... it's been such a pleasure watching them transform and grow from little bitty baby chicks to adulthood. 


I just adore this little rocket pattern. I may have to save up my money and splurge on a Bernie Dexter dress in the future. The quality is amazing and it's cut so nicely to flatter any woman's shape. I've seen a few that I've been keeping track of so you may see one on me in the near future. Squeeee!


Well... that's about it for this post. I hope you've all enjoyed it. I'll be out of town for the next week but you can follow me via Instagram and see what shenanigans I get into up in Ohio.

xoxo

Dress: Bernie Dexter borrowed from Jana
Shoes: Kohl's (Mud)
Belt: Thrifted
Earrings: Old Navy






Jana remixing it as well here.




5 comments:

  1. I love that you made it a picnic shoot. Good luck on your wedding you are shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling set of photos! I love this dress on you Taylor. The print is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you styled this, and mixed it with the picnic idea!! And paired with yellow shoes?? So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the rocket print is soooo adorable! totally makes the sweet classic dress a little quirkier. I love this picnic inspired shoot! that is absolutely what I would do in that dress.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...