Monday, February 11, 2013

Lady in Red

Hi there! It's Katie from Butterfly Loves Snapdragons. Today I'm showing you how I wore a darling mod inspired top.
 I've always wanted to do a monochromatic look, but had trouble finding colors that matched well enough and didn't clash. When I borrowed this red peplum top from Erica of Sweets and Hearts I knew it would be a perfect time to try my hand at wearing red from head to toe. And when better to do so then around Valentine's Day? There's something that projects a great amount of confidence in wearing a monochromatic look. It says that you're not afraid to draw attention to yourself  and allows you and your smile to really shine (especially if you dress your lips in the same shade of red as your outfit...)! It also creates a look that is reminiscent of days past, as many vintage looks incorporate a monochromatic color palette. 


I found this vintage suit in a flea market/vintage shop when I was in college. I rarely wear the pieces together, mostly I just wear the skirt. A red pencil skirt is one of the most versatile items one can own! It was such a treat to wear the suit though and I couldn't resist adding a fur stole to complete the look. It added a bit of needed glamour and softness just so I didn't look too stuffy ;)


Also, yes I took these pictures in January and it was raining! SD weather can be bizarre sometimes. It was around 33 degrees so as the rain hit the sidewalk it froze into a thin layer of ice. Good thing I was wearing my ice picks! er...ahem-high heels :) It did give me a good excuse to use my kitty umbrella however. I never tire of an excuse to use a fun umbrella! They can be a fashion accessory in themselves.


Here is how Erica styled her top! It looks super chic with the black pants and heels. Of course Erica looks just gorgeous, as always :)


Maybe for Valentine's Day you could try a look of red from head to toe! I assure you that you'll feel radiant and confident- I know I did :)
God Bless!
KJA

John 15:17
This is my command: Love each other.


Wearing:
Top- Swapped with Erica
Suit, Fur Stole-Vintage, Thrifted
Heels- Kohl's
Bag- Vintage Coach
Lips- Revlon Matte in Wine Not

19 comments:

  1. Awesome stunning look!!! Great pictures as well!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, ladies! I love the red just in time for Valentine's Day, you both style it fabulously!!! :)

    ~Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this whole outfit!
    It's fabulous and that umbrella is adorable!!!!

    You look super darling!
    This whole look is.. perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Katie, your all-red look is stunning! I adore the fur collar, too. And the detail on that top is super cute. You look just amazing and red... and just as everyone has said, this outfit is perfect for the upcoming holiday, haheh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is my kind of outfit :-) You look like you stepped off the pages of a vintage Vogue magazine. Red is such a great color on you - and that top looks vintage as well. <3!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie- you look amazing and very Valentine-appropriate without looking like an eight year old's holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh la la!!!! :) YOU LOOK....AWESOME! I've always wanted to try this look but I never thought that I could pull it off
    Much Love
    Chari T (deep fried stilettos)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie, you are such a gorgeous lady!
    I love this red monochrome look - so stunning, especially with your blond hair and lovely blue eyes. Fantastic photos with the umbrella too :D

    Enter to win a $40 voucher to Indressme!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving the monochromatic look Katie! You look so chic! I absolutely love those heels and I always adore the vintage touch you add to an outfit. The fur stole is especially lovely. Cute umbrella too! :)
    -Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and classy outfit! I love your coat :-)

    xoxo The Daily Fashion Drug

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice look!
    Katie xx
    http://thegravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katie did a really good purchase at the flea-market and she looks like (maybe she is) a really lady <3

    xx
    Rena
    http://dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look good in red!!Would u like follow each other? Let me know. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wooow I like very much this whole red outfit, you look fantastic!

    HTTP://THEREDCOATODYSSEY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katie, you look fabulous. So classy and elegant! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness i love love love this!! i never think to go all the same color like this but you look gorgeous and so classy katie!
    http://dusanabotswana.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katie, you look so great in red! That suit is a wonderful find, that is for sure :)

    xxoo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katie, red is totally your color! I love the way a peplum top looks paired with a pencil skirt. You look beautiful :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...