Sunday, April 21, 2013

Floral Favorites

All of us girls on Flock Together are huge fans of florals--so much so that you've most likely seen each of us rock them on the blog at some point. There are lots of lovely floral fashions out for spring and summer, so we're celebrating by sharing our favorites!


Item: "Jobina" floral print wedges, $99 at Guess 
Picked by: Erica of Sweets and Hearts

I honestly had a hard time picking just one floral item because I found myself crushing on just about everything floral (including lace shorts, ditsy printed iPhone cases, bright rompers, etc.). My favorite kinds of florals are the vibrant, joyful ones that look like watercolor paintings. When I saw these wedges, I immediately fell in love with the bright colors and daring heel height. It's fun, adventurous, and insanely gorgeous. I'd love to wear these with a sunny yellow mini dress and floppy hat!



Item: Swarovski Crystal Earrings from AmberSky Studio on Etsy
Picked by: Katie of Butterfly Loves Snapdragons

When it comes to florals, I really think they wear perfectly on any type of item. Blouses, pants, handbags, etc. I tend to think, however, that they are most special when worn on a beautiful piece of jewelry. When I stumbled upon AmberSky on Etsy I was taken aback by the beauty of the items I saw. The pieces are soft and romantic with stunning detail. Each floral decoration is so delicate and would be a perfect compliment to any ladylike ensemble. Pair them with a simple blouse, full skirt, and a head full of curls and you have yourself a great look for a spring tea party!


Description of Photo

Item: Something Else Floral Space Dress, $196 from BellJar
Picked By: Leah of We Live Upstairs
In my idealist head, I'm beginning what I'm sure will be the long, arduous process of "growing up" my wardrobe. This does not mean radically changing my aesthetic or donning things that are not truly me, but rather taking things that I already love (i.e. florals), and attempting to upgrade them to something still cool, yet slightly more mature. That's why I GOL'd (gasped out loud...I'm making it a thing...) when I saw this on-the-nose floral dress from BellJar. It's a little on the formal side, and a little lot out of my current price range, but it's definitely given me some inspiration for my new wardrobe. I will definitely be looking for florals like this for summer.

ecff3c0c682f62decf066465ec6e0c66
Item: Ruche Visions of Grandeur dress
Picked by: Ashley of Southern (California) Belle

I must admit, I had a really hard time picking just one floral piece for this post.  I've always loved prints and I have a soft spot for florals.  I actually dedicated a post to florals on my blog earlier this month!  This dress has been on my wishlist for quite some time.  I love a bright floral print and the frilly cap sleeve is an added feminine touch.  I think any piece you can dress up or down is worth the investment.

Item: Pink Floral Spring Dress The Braided Bandit Vintage Boutique
Picked by: Dus of Cuddly Cacti

Our very own Hannah has a lovely vintage shop that she has stocked full of beautiful floral pieces for spring. I especially love the light colors on this little number, for some reason they remind me of a safari! And how perfect would it be to transition it into other seasons with some fun colored tights as well? Not that anyone needs reminded of tights right now I'm sure, it's high time for some vitamin D on those legs!


Item: Roses & Violets Floral Crown, Primped and Primed on Etsy
Picked By: Jessi of Haircut & General Attitude

Like a few of the other girls said, I'm a HUGE fan of floral everything. Skirts, dresses, pants, shoes... but one trend I'm really loving right now is the floral crown! I actually just made myself one and can't wait to wear it! If you don't want to DIY this lovely shop is owned by an Australian fashion blogger who hand makes them. She has so many beautiful crowns, from small delicate ones to true statement pieces like this one. I love the mix of soft pinks and vibrant blues.



Item: Floral dress from Mona on Etsy
Picked by: Elana of Room 334
It took doing this post for me to realize that I don't really own that much floral, which is a shame. I've always been a fan of the print and I desperately need to change the lack of it in my closet for spring and summer. If I had endless money, this dress from Mona would be first on my list. I've been a fan of Moriah Hemed's line for a while now and I think she creates the perfect feminine pieces with a touch of nostalgia.


What floral pieces are you crushing on this season?

9 comments:

  1. That pink dress is gorgeous! Lovely post, florals are so lovely for summer!

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the floral trend so much! And obviously I love all that has a floral print on it or that reminds me flowers or nature :) I liked so much the platforms and the floral crowns are my new obsession -.0 I hope you'll visit my blog and follow if you like it! (also remember to follow eaven via bloglovin 'cause GFC will be switched off on July 1st :( )

    kisses
    http://follementefashion.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty floral items! & i'm w/ you Elana, I realized I really don't own that many. Thanks for the intro to that beautiful handmade shop too!
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for floral! You guys picked such good things, that floral crown is super pretty. Thank you Dus for choosing the dress from my shop you are such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh, that floral crown is gorgeous!
    i especially love the etsy & vintage finds you guys picked out.

    erica | sweets + hearts

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful things!! www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what everyone picked out! You all have amazing taste :)
    I love how unique Katie and Elana's were!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome picks. Love the dresses and the cool wedges :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really fun idea for a post ladies! I'm drooling over all of these...I can't have enough floral chiffon dresses, but I'm also hoping for a floral print t-shirt that I could dress up with printed/solid skirts. Any ideas?

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...