Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Different Strokes

Description of Photo

Hey guys! Leah from We Live Upstairs here, styling Erica's yellow dress. 99% of the time, when I've received things in the mail from the FT girls, everything looks exactly like I remember it, and fits pretty perfectly. But this time, when I put this dress on, the ruffles I'd so loved on all the other girls didn't exactly do me any justice. They made my un-small chest look just...well...frumpy. But I still really loved the color of the dress, and definitely wanted to find a way to wear it that wouldn't make me feel self-conscious. Hence, the dress-under-skirt combo + jacket!

Description of PhotoDescription of Photo Description of Photo

Wearing the dress this way still allowed me to glean the bold color I so loved from it, while eliminating the my-boobs-look-abnormally-large-right-now-and-I'm-not-a-fan situation. Win/win, yes? Also, I am a ride-or-die boots & socks girl. And also a dashes-between-words girl, apparently.

Description of PhotoDescription of Photo

Outfit Details:
Dress: Erica's
Skirt: Forever 21 (several years ago)
Jacket: Thrifted
Boots: Old Navy
Necklace, Socks: Target


Check out how some of the other Flock Together ladies have styled this number:

Description of PhotoDescription of Photo

I love Hannah's pink coat with the yellow, and the simplicity of Jen's cardigan with it is so effortless. This is one of those pieces that has made its rounds to nearly everyone in the group, and I think that's really cool.

That's it for me today! Thanks for reading!

xo, Leah

9 comments:

  1. the skirt is really pretty :)
    hopefully you can enter the persunmall giveaway! in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had that same problem, had to sports-bra it & still some angles in the pictures had to be deleted haha. Love the jean jacket & fun print skirt w/ it though!
    My blog: Cuddly Cacti
    My E-Shop: Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there were definitely plenty of throw-aways, haha.

      Delete
  3. Aw that's too bad it didn't fit how you'd hoped. You really do look great in it though! I love that skirt with it, it's such a gorgeous skirt and it goes with the mustard perfectly!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have guessed this didn't fit you right Leah, I think it looks great! the skirt and jacket combo trick worked, that is seriously the most perfect denim jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! My fiance has been searching for the perfect denim jacket for fooorever and is ver jealous that I have one that's so great : )

      Delete
  5. Oh Leah, I had the exact same problems. I almost didn't post it. The sleeves were very long on me too. But I think you remixed it beautifully and it looks like a perfect fit this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When I first put it on, I was like "nuh-uh." I was short on posts though, and had to make it work somehow, haha. Thank you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...