Friday, December 13, 2013

For the Birds

 photo birds_zps57310fc4.jpg
Every single time I borrow something from Erica's closet I fall in love. That girl had such gorgeous pieces, like this bird dress which she made herself!! I am amazed at that, such talent, I can barely sew a hem anymore. This print is so incredibly cute, I can never seem to resist to an animal print.
It was one of the nicer days we've had lately, and I was happy to be able to layer this dress with a lace crop top and my always versatile studded denim vest. I have the tendency to shy away from bright colours in the fall/winter months but I couldn't resist this bright, cozy neon scarf to add a pop colour.
xJennaD
 photo birds3_zpsce924069.jpg photo birds4_zps0d4fd186.jpg  photo birds2_zps2664023b.jpg photo birds1_zps38958b75.jpg
Outfit: Dress-Erica's, Top-U.O., Vest-Simons, Scarf-F21, Ring-Saraswati designs

 photo 5fe776ee-354d-488e-962f-7763048e75a0_zpsbddd262b.jpg
I absolutely adore how Erica styled this dress, so simple and perfect for summer. Check out her post here

9 comments:

  1. I hadn't realized Erica made this dress. It is cute and your both rock it so well for such different seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the print and love it even more knowing it's handmade- that's awesome! It definitely translates from summer to winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeees! I love that you're transitioning this from winter to fall. I have a plain black maxi dress that I'm ready to do the same with... also, your hair is incredible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snake ring is so fabulous! Loving your outfit.
    www.kierramakayla.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress!!! The print is so nice and unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the dress looks on you! And thanks for the winter maxi dress inspiration-- I never know how to wear maxis with layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is SO amazing of Erica!! i recently saw she made it on Fbook and seriously am blown away, the print is so fun and the cut and construction, everything looks impeccable! (unlike my crooked hems). it was fun to see it layered up, although your bare arms make me chilly haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous Jenna! I love Erica's simple styling as well an can't believe she made this, I didn't even know she sewed! Super cute both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute as a skirt! What a great styling for winter!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...