Monday, December 9, 2013

She's the one




Outfit Details:

Sailor Moon dress - borrowed from Marisa
Roadster It Up Jacket (no longer available - similar styles here) - ModCloth
Bernice heels (on sale!) - Bait Footwear
Tights - Kohl's
Scarf and mermaid purse - thrifted
Lipstick - MAC Russian Red

Hi, guys! It's Amy, over at A. Loo's Closet.

I've been smitten with this dress ever since it popped up among ModCloth's new arrivals a few months ago. Since then, it's been sitting on my wishlist, gathering speck after speck of pixelated dust, so when Marisa offered hers up for swap, I jumped at the chance to style it. As soon as I'd slipped it on, the love affair was in one zipper-tooth too far to even think about stopping. Sorry, Marisa, but your dress and I are in love.

Teasing! But, seriously.

What first attracted me to this dress was the darling sailor collar. The retro pin-up gal in me just can't resist a good nautical-inspired piece. And then I saw what the genius folks over at Mata Traders had named it: Sailor Moon Dress.

Fighting evil by moonlight (not me, I'm sleeping then)
Winning love by daylight (that's what happened when I put this dress on)
Never running from a real fight (LOL NOPE. I'm running far away like an Olympic track star)
She's the one (this dress, too) named Sailor Moon!







13 comments:

  1. Love the touch of red in this outfit, beautifully styled :)

    Dress To Cook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rona! I put red in almost everything I wear. :-)

      Delete
  2. I've got to say the first outfit appeals to my heart most of all, but other variants look great as well) Those photographs are adorable!
    Wish you a blessed day ahead!

    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexandra! Hope you have a blessed day as well!

      Delete
  3. You are too adorable Amy. And now I will be humming that song all day long. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you styled it with pops of red and that is such a cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is an amazing and super versatile piece!! I am loving how your kept the look neutral and then the pops of red with that amazing headscarf and your lipstick! Gorgeous!
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh it looks awesome on you, Amy! I'm super in love with the collar, too. This makes me wish I had watched Sailor Moon, heh. Such a versatile dress!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone looks great in this dress! I love the red touches in your outfit :) And who can resist leopard print? Not this girl. You're adorable!

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute Amy! I'm going to be posting in this dress on my blog this week as well. I almost went w/ a red hair scarf as well but then went a totally different direction. really fun seeing everyone's diff takes on it.
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three of you styled it adorably! I love the headband and heels with it, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous dress! love the entire outfit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness - I love this Amy!!! It's so cute how you've toughened the dress up with the leather jacket but made it so sweet with the scarf and bag too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...