Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Checkmate

grazioso long farewell dress modcloth

Morning!  Long time no post.  It's Sammi from The Soubrette Brunette, and today I'm posting a little remix of Elana's awesome black + white checked dress.  I tend to borrow a ton of clothes from Elana, and I always end up loving everything she sends my way.  I wanted to try this particular dress because although I really like it on other people, it isn't a piece that I'd normally pick out for myself.  I don't have a ton of plain dresses (which can be problematic sometimes!), and although this has a distinctive pattern, if I've learned anything from What Not To Wear, it's that a pattern like this can definitely act as a neutral!

plaid dress

I also decided to take a page out of Marisa's book and pair this dress with some funky colored tights.  I didn't end up wearing a cardigan for these photos, but I think a red sweater would look really fun with this ensemble, too.  Since this dress is both structured and comfy, it can be dressed up or down, which always comes in handy.

black and white plaid dress

Outfit Details
Dress: borrowed from Elana
Belt: from another dress
Shoes: ModCloth
Tights: Target

checked dress

Elana put this dress up for swaps pretty recently, so none of the other girls have had a chance to style it yet, but I love how Elana styled it with a sweet bow belt and a pop of blue from her shoes!  This dress would lend itself well to so many different stylings, so I can't wait to see how the other girls wear it in the future!  How would you wear Elana's plaid dress?

Have a great Wednesday!
xox Sammi

7 comments:

  1. Both of you girls are so cute and I love the print on this dress! I love the minty tights you paired it with!
    xo Hannah
    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so pretty! I love the mint tights with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is perfection! Both of you all styled it so well!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That black white and grey checked dress looks like it was made for you - you look fabulous wearing it. I also love the mint green hosiery you styled with the dress, giving your outfit a nice pop of colour. I agree that a red jumper or cardigan would look pretty with that outfit.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun outfit, Sammie! I love that you paired the colorful tights with this dress. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    Such a cute style♡
    I love mintgreen tights!
    So lovely.

    akiko

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...