Thursday, January 22, 2015

Versatility


What do you do when an adorable dress ends up being an awkward length on you? If you're me, you throw a skirt over it and hope that it'll maybe, somehow work. Hi, if you haven't figured it out yet, it's Elana from Room 334 here, and I'm showing you how I styled this plaid perfection of a dress that Sammi let me borrow. 

It's no secret that I love wearing dresses as tops. It instantly doubles your wardrobe, and as someone who doesn't buy a ton of tops in general, it helps me make good use of my skirt collection. This bright plaid has such a great vintage vibe to it, that I figured it only made sense to pair it with a vintage skirt and thrifted slingbacks. I added this equally colorful necklace that my friend made as a finishing touch and ended up with pretty fun, classy look if I say so myself. Who knew a statement dress like this could be so versatile?





Of course, no one styles flirty dresses better than Sammi. Her summer look is perfection to me, and I can't get over how well the boater hat pairs it. As usual, I'm envious of everything she wears. 

That's it for me today, but stop by my blog for outfit details!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I like how you both styled it. Elana's look gives it a bit more of a ... Annie Hall/Diane Keaton vibe to it, which is a fun remix from it's 50s roots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard on for the girl in the gray skirt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...