Thursday, December 20, 2012

Petticoats and Plaid

Hey all! It's Kristian from Never Fully Dressed (Without a Style). Are you counting down the days to Christmas yet? Its not many! How'd that happen? We're still pretty busy around here. There's a certain  special boy whose present I still haven't figured out, lots of gift-wrapping to do and Christmas Dinner grocery shopping to buy! Luckily, this plaid skirt from Marisa of Shades of Monet Chronicles puts one into the perfect Christmas mood!


Checked-1
Checked-11
CheckeredCollage
Checked-6
What I Wore: Shirt  and Belt (Old), Skirt (Borrowed from Marisa), Petticoat (Portland boutique), Shoes (Old Navy)

I love to give skirts and dresses just a little bit of extra  umph! by adding a petticoat. Even so, leaving a bit of petticoat exposed below the hem is a new twist for me, but this Flock Together item seemed like a perfect opportunity to try something a bit different.

What's great about this skirt is even though the plaid can just scream "Christmas!" and "wintery," it also can just as easily shout "summer fun!" Marisa wore it with a cute red belt and looks ready for a picnic too! 

Chantilly Plaid

P.S. Looking for more styling remixes? You can now follow Flock Together on Facebook and Twitter too! 

13 comments:

  1. Such pretty outfits - as always! You guys know how to style items!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i would use the plaid skirt with a black tube top or black sleeveless shirt. but it looks great! you look lovely :)

    follow me back too!

    http://littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful ladies! These outfits and photos just make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the petticoat underneath, so fun. It's awesome seeing how you both styled this in completely different seasons!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The petticoat seriously does add the perfect oomph! Its such a good holiday skirt, especially for twirling! Love Marisa's bright blue tights in her version too!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. How perfect is that petticoat Kristian! I just love how it gives the skirt so much fullness and a totally different look. Absolutely darling :) Best wishes getting everything ready for Christmas! Have the most lovely holiday! xo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great holiday too Marisa! Thanks again for letting me borrow this skirt; it's making its way back to you now :)

      Delete
  7. lovely pics!You look having so much fun!
    www.theprincessgown.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously love the way you paired it with a petticoat.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you put a petticoat underneath this skirt! Such a fun idea!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That petticoat idea was amazing! It really made the outfit special- and I thought of about 3 skirts I can do that with. I really got to invest in one ;) I especially love the picture of you twirling. I feel like in a skirt like that, it'd be super hard to resist that urge haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely outfit Kristin! I absolutely love the idea of adding a petticoat under a a-line skirt to give it more swung ^^ Also, it doesn't bother me that there's a bit of petticoat visible under the hem of the plaid skirt, it's actually a very nice detail! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! The petticoat is purposely showing, so I'm glad you feel it works :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...