Thursday, August 8, 2013

Red, Green & Blue

 photo IMG_9927_zps070d487a.jpg

Hey y'all! It's Leah from We Live Upstairs here, styling Elana's beautiful August Wrinkle dress. Annnnd I realize that this dress is being posted two days in a row, but it's what I had to work with, so please forgive me : )

 photo IMG_9960_zps34be451b.jpg photo IMG_9939_zpsb69a183f.jpg  photo IMG_9957_zpsc5931127.jpg

Unfortunately, this was another one of those dresses that I was incredibly excited to receive in the mail, but didn't necessarily do me justice once on. However, after opening the package, I immediately thought of pairing the dress with blue and red-orange...and I ended up loving the color combination so much that I stuck with it anyway! I realize it goes against almost all "find the right ____ for your body type" advice, but sometimes, you just have to wear it if it feels right.

 photo IMG_9953_zps419ff22e.jpg photo IMG_9943_zps106f031f.jpg

Outfit Details:
Dress: Elana's
Necklace: Target
Sandals: Target, gifted

Check out how some of the other Flock Together ladies styled this baby:

 photo katieelanadress_zpsa1f3dde0.jpg photo elanagreendress_zpsf675884b.jpg

I love how Katie remixed the dress for Winter, and I think Elana's tomboy flair with the boots is quite smart.

That's it for me, ladies! Thanks for letting me share!

xo, Leah

8 comments:

  1. Lovely dress and beautiful colour combination! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats sucha cute dress:)

    kisses
    www.gulaabigirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I was so confused scrolling through because Jessi posted in this yesterday! I seriously love your version with the beautiful turquoise necklace though and it has been so fun seeing so many girls style Elana's amazing dress! :)
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I had others I could have posted, sorry girl! I don't think anyone minds seeing it twice in a row though :) I think it looks great on you and that blue necklace was just meant to be with it!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like seeing these back to back actually because it is fun seeing how different girls wear them. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this color on you as well Leah! and the pairing w/ the necklace & clogs, fun that you and Jessi both wore clogs. And it seems to fit you just find on top, don't worry. I think you should wear what feels right also, esp when it's a pretty dress and not like a huge 90's T or something... although that sounds cozy right now.
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty look, dear!!) Amazing dress!
    Follow your blog! I'll be happy, if you follow me)
    http://karinamalinana.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great dress! love the scallop details!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...