Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Zoology 101


Well, hello. Did you miss me? (Of course you did.) It's Elana from Room 334 here again, this time showing you how I styled Lisa's animal print crop top. Here's my thing with crop tops: I really like them. I do. As someone who wears high-waisted skirts often, the idea of pairing them with crop tops is pure genius to me. I've never been one to be a fan of showing off my stomach, but I have to admit that I'm kind of digging the sliver of skin peeking out if it's done in a classy way. My problem? Since I'm on the, uh, short side at only 5'2", it's rare that I find a crop top that's actually cropped on me. You could say I'm a little bitter. 

So, yes, this top isn't actually short enough to be cropped on me. And yes, I was a little disappointed. However, I decided to make the most of of it. Why let the crop top win? Layered under a dress, I don't need to be reminded of my height, or lack thereof. Instead, I got a new way to style one of my favorite dresses. In fact, it's quite possible that this dress (originally from Urban Outfitters, but I got it in a Facebook swap) is my most worn item that I own. It gets more wear than I'd care to admit. Because of that, I'd thought that I had figured out all of the ways I could possibly style it. Leave it to Lisa to loan me a top that completely breathed new life into my dress. I couldn't get over that print, and I'm pretty sure I need it in my life now so I can always wear this combination. 





While I decided to go with mostly black for my styling of the top, Lisa proved once again to be the master of color. She always puts together the best combinations that I would never think would work (orange, red, and blue in one outfit?), but end up looking flawless together. Is this outfit adorable or what? 

Well, that's all I have for you today, but thanks for stopping by! Head over to Room 334 for outfit details, as usual.

4 comments:

  1. I dig the contrast of the black and white! That dress is super cute, I can see why you get a lot of wear out of it- oh the possibilities. I hear ya on the perils of being a shorty- mainly when it comes to reaching the top shelf in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This top has one of the cutest prints I have ever seen! If I wasn't traveling this month I would totally be in line to borrow it next! Love how both of you ladies styled it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love high-waisted and empire-waisted dresses! Your Urban Outfitters high-waisted dress is pretty and I like the pockets too. The white background of the crop top contrasts nicely with your dress. I love the variety of prints on the top.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love how you styled it! You always wear the cutest things, and I'm loving the black-and-white here! Also, your sunglasses are FAB.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...