Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Paris is a Woman...

























Hello all, Jana of Small Town, Big Smile! here today sharing an amazing Bernie Dexter dress borrowed from the lovely Sammi.  This is my first official Flock Together remix, and I'm so excited to be doing it with this dress.  I've been hunting for this print for some time now, either in the dress or the blouse, so when I saw spotted it on the swap list, I just had to have it.  Bernie Dexter is one of my favourite dress designers, and this one is no different. Angela Carter said Paris is a woman, and this dress definitely fits that quote perfectly. With it's Parisian print, puff sleeves, the little sailor bow... it's so perfectly feminine! I was a little worried about remixing it after Katie and Sammi, because they both have such amazingly feminine-vintage styles, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to style it differently than they did.  Luckily, I love pale-blues, so I had an assortment of goodies to haul out for this dress... I may have also cheated a little and wore my wedding reception hat.  I think it was totally justified though, because I was hesitant with how I looked in it, and how it would photograph.  This post just reiterates that I need to wear it at my wedding!




See how Sammi wore it 1 // 2

See how Katie wore it


Outfit details:
Dress: Borrowed from Sammi
Coat: Lulu's
Pearls: Gift
Hat: Vintage (etsy)

Smiles,

Jana

10 comments:

  1. All these outfits are so lovely! What a beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! That coat and hat are darling and go well with this dress (PS LOVE that quote you put in as the title)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat and coat are the perfect additions to this dress- love the vintage touches! (I totally thought that coat was vintage!) Also loving your shoes. Cute look, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! Love to see the different ways you can a style a vintage cute dress!
    I invite you to visit my blog and let me know if you would like to follow each other!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The feminine retro styling of the Bernie Dexter Dress an its pretty print styled with your Lulu's coat and vintage hat completes a lovely classical look.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glamorous Jana! I am really smitten with how you styled this beaut of a dress. That hat and coat are just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That print is adorable and your little hat makes the outfit! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Jana this is LOVELY! The coat and hat are the most darling pieces, and they even match those amazing shoes. Plus that color looks just fantastic with your red hair, my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this dress is so freaking amazing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just now saw this! How perfect!
    xoxo
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...