Friday, November 29, 2013

Crisp apple strudel

Hi, everyone!  It's Sammi from The Soubrette Brunette.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving (and that you stuffed yourselves silly - I know I did)!  I'm super excited for my second swap here at Flock Together, and today I'm styling a piece is certainly beloved by quite a few of the other girls... it's Erica's beautiful red dress!
This dress has been making the rounds for a while now, and it is indeed the perfect holiday dress.  Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can officially get into the holiday spirit!  I'm the kind of person who needs separation in her holidays (though I'm kind of a walking contradiction, since we celebrate both Chanukkah and Christmas in my house, and Chanukkah and Thanksgiving managed to line up almost perfectly this year!).  But I guess what I mean is that I truly love Thanksgiving -- or any holiday that's centered around food, really -- and I need it to be its own entity.  But now I can focus on all of my holiday shopping and can embrace the Christmas cheer!  And this dress is absolutely made for that!
I actually had a bit of trouble trying to style this dress.  It's so lovely, and would be perfect just on its own -- plus, the lovely faux collar piping is actually a very light, blush pink (not white or cream, as I had initially thought), and since I'm kind of a matchy-matchy gal, it was hard for me to figure out what to wear it with!  But I realized that this dress would be great over a blouse (Dus and Jessi wore it in a similar way, with lovely results), and since I didn't want to cover the collar detail, I thought this collarless button-down would be a great compromise.  I love this subtle horse and carriage print, and for some reason, this whole outfit reminds me of lyrics in "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music (a la "cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels")... hence the title of this post.  :)
Outfit Details:
Dress: borrowed from Erica
Blouse: Forever 21
Tights and heels: ModCloth
Ring: Hello Holiday

Elana                                                    Jessi

Jessica                                                   Dus

It truly astounds me how versatile this dress actually is, and how creative these girls are with their remixing!  Prior to starting a blog (and being asked to be a part of this one), I probably would have worn this dress in a very standard way -- and because the details are so lovely, it would still speak for itself, but I love knowing that there are so many different possibilities!  Which one is your favorite?  I really adore them all (and these photos show just how well this dress spans all the seasons)!  :)

Have a great weekend!
xox Sammi

5 comments:

  1. This has been such a fun dress to see on all the ladies. You remixed this so well too Sammi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the print on that blouse and it pairs perfectly with this dress- holiday spirit indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally brought out the holiday cheer in this dress and I love it!! that blouse under is great fun! and so funny that Chanukkah fell on Thanksgiving this year. That's fun your family celebrates both!
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh your pictures are just so beautiful! Reminds me of a fairytale and I love, love, love the way you've styled this dress. I need a red dress in my life!
    xo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look simply stunning!

    www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...