Thursday, May 16, 2013

Green Gardens

Erica of Sweets and Hearts
Elana just posted an outfit with a dress she borrowed from me, and now I'm posting one with a dress I borrowed from her! Elana's scalloped emerald green dress has such an interesting silhouette and cut with the different layers. I was kind of worried it would be too blouse-y on top. Luckily, it looks great on and has a flattering elastic waist. The scallops on the hem are exaggerated and cloud-like, which I thought was pretty cool. 

The deep green hue is gorgeous, but a difficult color to work with. I planned on wearing it with lots of black originally, then remembered my floral cardigan by Darling. The green flowers actually matched the dress perfectly! I added my black cloche hat and gold Mary-Janes to finish it off. 

Outfit Details:
Emerald green scalloped chiffon dress (Ya Los Angeles via August Wrinkle; swap from Elana)
Black floral waterfall chiffon cardigan (c/o Darling)
Black cloche hat with bow (Zara)
Gold Mary-Jane kitten heels (Dollhouse)

Here's how the other girls wore it. You can visit their original posts (the links under the photo) for details about their outfits.
Elana | Katie | Ashley
Have a wonderful week!


SWEETS & HEARTS

11 comments:

  1. I love this dress the first time I saw it on one of you guys' blogs, and I think it's perfect!

    Hope you have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the scalloping!
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress, it looks so wonderful with that floral jacket!! Such a great piece, and the way you all styled it is fantastic.
    xxJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scalloped green dress is lovely. I like the way you styled it. Your outfit looks fabulous. I'll bet that dress would look nice styled with feminine pastel pink outfit pieces as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great on you, Erica! I LOVE the floral jacket with it. I definitely want to try some kind of pattern with it like this when I get it back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it with that floral jacket. Gives it an almost bohemian look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is so cute! I love the cardigan you paired with it, Erica - so adorable! I love how all you gals wore it!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you have styled this, Erica! The dress has the cutest looking scalloped edges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty :)

    dsmithereens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erica I love this dress with your floral cardigan! What a gorgeous combo!!
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...